Chocolate Coconut Cashew Butter
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 4 tsp. organic coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- 1½ Tbsp. cocoa powder or cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- Puree cashews in a food processor until smooth. Once smooth, while the motor is still running, slowly add in coconut oil. Puree until combined. Add more oil if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Turn off food processor and add in coconut flakes, maple syrup/honey, cocoa powder and sea salt. Puree again until well combined.
- Transfer to a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
- Serve atop bananas, apples, gluten-free crackers and tortillas!
Serving Size: 1 ~ Calories: 249 ~ Fat: 18 ~ Protein: 6 ~ Carb:17g ~ Fiber: 2g ~ Sugar: 7g ~ Sodium: 34mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2014/07/07/chocolate-coconut-cashew-butter/