Open Faced 'Creamy' Jasmine Rice Vegan Tacos
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Entree
- ½ cup jasmine rice (or brown, black or wild rice)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil (or flax oil)
- 2 Tbsp.white balsamic vinegar
- Juice of ½ fresh lemon
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 large gluten-free or organic corn tortillas
- Cook rice in salted water according to package directions. Remove from heat, set aside for 5 minutes then fluff with a fork and season to taste with sea salt and pepper
- Meanwhile, soak sun-dried tomatoes in 2 cups of warm water for 20 minutes then drain.
- Whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, flax seeds, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl. Warm on the stove top for 1 minute over medium heat then set aside.
- Warm tortillas in a large skillet over medium heat for 10 seconds on each side.
- Serve warm tortillas with a scoop of cooked rice, spinach, red onion, ground flax seeds, sun-dried tomatoes, cilantro and a drizzle of balsamic dressing.
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2014/06/02/open-faced-creamy-jasmine-rice-vegan-tacos/