Black Rice & Red Grape Detox Salad
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Entree
- 2 cups uncooked black rice
- 2 Tbsp. champagne vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1 cup organic red grapes
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups organic mixed salad greens
- 1 cup organic sprouts
- 1 tsp. sesame seeds
- Cook rice according to package directions. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked black rice, vinegar, oil, orange juice, zest, red grapes, chili powder, sea salt and pepper; toss to combine.
- Add salad greens and sprouts to a separate large bowl and place rice mixture on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve.
Servings: 6 Calories: 384 Fat: 9.9g Protein:8.3g Carb: 69.4g Fiber: 3.9g Sugar: 5.6g Sodium: 104mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2014/01/13/black-rice-red-grape-detox-salad/