Blueberry Salad with Coconut Cilantro Dressing
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 cups organic mixed salad greens
- 1 pint fresh organic berries (blueberries and/or strawberries)
- 1 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp. shredded coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- ¼ tsp. fresh lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine salad greens and blueberries; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, melted olive oil, sea salt, pepper, cilantro and coconut flakes; pour over salad greens. Add pumpkin and sesame seeds; toss to combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh lemon zest.
- Serve chilled.
Serving size: 3 cups Calories: 264.8 Fat: 15.5 g Carbohydrates: 33.7 g Sugar: 22.9 Sodium: 264.3 mg Fiber: 33.7 g Protein: 2.7 g
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/summertime-coconut-blueberry-salad/