Cranberry, Swiss Chard & Almond Salad and What Success Means To Me
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 4 oz. organic salad greens
- 1 head Swiss chard, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp. dried cranberries
- 3 Tbsp. whole raw almonds
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, Swiss chard, cranberries, almonds and lemon zest; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, olive oil, vinegar, sea salt and pepper.
- Drizzle lemon juice mixture over the salad ingredients in the large bowl; gently toss to combine.
Serving Size: 2 1/2 cup Calories: 185.9 cal • Fat: 13.9 g • Protein: 5.5 g • Carb: 14.8 g • Fiber: 6.7 g • Sugar: 4.2 g • Sodium: 444.6 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2013/09/02/cranberry-swiss-chard-almond-salad-and-what-success-means-to-me/