Gluten-Free Coconut Carrot Bread
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 9 Tbsp. water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups Gluten-Free Cup 4 Cup Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine chia seeds and water together in a medium bowl; mix well then let sit for 15 minutes.
- Combine sugar, chia mixture, carrots and banana in a large bowl; mix well to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; mix well to combine.
- Transfer to 2 loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until bread is set.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before eating
Calories: 288 Fat: 17.6g Protein: 2.8g Carb: 29.4g Fiber: 5.1g Sugar: 18.3g Sodium: 230mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/gluten-free-n-vegan-coconut-carrot-bread/