Dairy-Free 'Creamy' Grilled Romaine
Author: Amie Valpone
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 3 heads of organic Romaine lettuce
- 1½ cups Almond Breeze Almond Milk
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk almond milk, poppy seeds, chili powder, pepper and sea salt.
- Using tongs, gently lay each romaine head into the almond milk mixture and roll in the milk until coated.
- Transfer romaine to the hot grill. Grill for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Remove from grill and slice each head in half lengthwise, then sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Serve warm.
Servings: 4 Serving Size: 3¾ cup Calories: 87.9 cal • Fat: 5.3 g • Protein: 3.2 g • Carb: 8.0 g • Fiber: 3.4 g • Sugar: 4.1 g • Sodium: 173.1 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2013/06/03/dairy-free-vegan-grilled-romaine/