Roasted Radish, Spinach and Almond Salad with Balsamic Coconut Vinaigrette
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup radishes, sliced into ¼ inch slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups loosely packed baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons whole almonds
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine radishes with olive oil; gently toss. Transfer radishes to a baking sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until radishes are tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine balsamic vinegar, coconut oil, lemon juice and zest, sea salt and pepper; whisk to combine and set aside.
- Remove radishes from the oven; set aside to cool for 1 minute.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine baby spinach with whole almonds, roasted radishes and basil. Drizzle with dressing and gently toss to combine. Transfer salad to two serving dishes.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Servings: 2 Serving Size: 1½ cups Calories: 315.4 cal • Fat: 31.7 g • Protein: 3.3 g • Carb: 7.9 g • Fiber: 3.1 g • Sugar: 1.8 g • Sodium: 271.7 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/roasted-radish-spinach-and-almond-salad-with-balsamic-coconut-vinaigrette/