Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and cooled
- 4 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. honey
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic Nutmeg
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ⅛ tsp. Simply Organic All-Spice
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk such as So Delicious
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Almond Extract
- 1 9 inch gluten-free pie shell
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat sweet potato flesh and butter until creamy. Stir in remaining filling ingredients; mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into prepare pie shell.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Set aside for 15 minutes before serving.
Serving size: 1 slice
Calories: 200 cal • Fat: 6.2 g • Protein: 3 g • Carb: 38.7 g • Fiber: 2.8 g • Sugar: 26.1 g • Sodium: 237 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/12/03/gluten-free-sweet-potato-pie/