Honey Glazed Acorn Squash
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 large acorn squash
- 1 cup brewed Celestial Seasonings Green Tea
- 1 tsp. honey (can use agave nectar or stevia instead of for vegan)
- 1 cup So Delicious Almond Milk
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic Ground Coriander
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice squash in half lengthwise. Remove and discard seeds. Lay squash skin side up in a shallow baking pan. Pour brewed tea over the squash and bake for 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients mix well.
- Remove squash from the oven and flip over; pour almond milk mixture over each half and return to the oven.
- Bake for 20 more minutes or until squash is tender.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve warm.
Serving Size: ¼ cup Calories: 30.9 cal • Fat: 0.2 g • Protein: 0.9 g • Carbs: 7.3 g • Fiber: 1.0 g • Sugar: 8 g • Sodium: 8.0 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/honey-glazed-acorn-squash/