Gluten-Free Pecan Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
- 3 large eggs
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- ½ tsp. Simply Organic Almond Extract
- ¼ tsp. Simply Organic All-Spice
- ⅛ tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. gluten-free all purpose flour such as Bob's Red Mill
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 9-inch gluten free pie shell
- ½ cup pecan halves
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon zest, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add sugars, butter, extract, spices,salt and flour; mix well to combine. Add chopped pecans.
- Transfer mixture to pie crust. Arrange pecan halves on top of the pie around the perimeter.
- Bake for 1 hour or until set.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 20 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh lemon zest.
Serving Size: 1 slice, Serves 12
Calories: 345.4 cal • Fat: 24.2 g • Protein: 4.4 g • Carb: 36.2 g • Fiber: 2.5 g • Sugar: 28.2 g • Sodium: 130 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/12/21/gluten-free-pecan-pie/