Homemade Sugar-Free Spiced Chestnuts Holiday Gift
Recipe type: Appetizer, Snack, Dessert
- 2 cups chestnuts, sliced
- 1 cup pecans halves
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 Tbsp. stevia liquid
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Cumin
- 1/4 tsp. Simply Organic Coriander
- 1/8 tsp. Simply Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Simply Organic Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. Earth Balance Vegan Butter Sticks
- Toast nuts and seeds in a dry pan for 3 minutes; set aside.
- Mix all spice mix ingredients together in a large bowl; set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, bring water, butter and stevia to a boil; whisking every 10 seconds. Pour mixture over nuts and seeds with a spoon until all liquid is evaporated.
- Transfer nuts and seeds to the large bowl of spices; gently toss to coat.
- Spread on parchment paper to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Serving size: Serves 12
Calories: 141.3 cal • Fat: 8.7 g • Protein: 2.3 g • Carb: 15.1 g • Fiber: 1.4 g • Sugar: 1.7 g • Sodium: 30.8 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/12/18/homemade-sugar-freespiced-chestnuts-holiday-gift/