Cranberry Quinoa Salad with Dairy-Free Caesar Dressing
Recipe type: Entree
- For Salad:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 cups mixed greens such as spinach and arugula
- For Dressing:
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/8 cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp. white miso paste
- 1/4 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- Meanwhile, combine all dressing ingredients in a blender; process until smooth. Add more water, if necessary.
- In a large serving bowl, combine cooked quinoa, dried cranberries, scallions and mixed greens; gently toss with Caesar dressing to coat.
- Serve chilled.
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Calories: 305.3 cal • Fat: 9.9 g • Protein: 9.3 g • Carb: 47.8 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 11.5 g • Sodium: 251.2 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/11/12/cranberry-quinoa-salad-with-dairy-free-caesar-dressing/