Lemon Coconut Eggplant Fries
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup So Delicious Almond Milk
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Slice eggplant in half; then lay the flat portion of the eggplant flat on the surface and slice each half into 8 fry-like shapes using a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add eggplant fries; gently toss to coat.
- Place coated eggplant fries on prepared baking dish; bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a side of salsa or guacamole.
Serving Size: 1 cup
Calories: • 98 Cal • Fat: 7.7 g • Protein: 1.2 g • Carb: 7.8 g • Fiber: 3.0 g • Sugar: 0.5 g • Sodium: 133.2 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/08/10/lemon-coconut-eggplant-fries/