Chia Teff Salad with Lemon Scallion Dressing
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 large yellow summer squash , cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 cups cooked teff (gluten-free grain)
- 1 cup steamed spinach
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. ground chia seeds
- 1 large head Bibb lettuce
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish, if desired
- In a large bowl, combine squash, teff, spinach, scallions and onion.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, lemon zest, olive oil, chia seeds, sea salt and pepper.
- Pour chia seed dressing over squash mixture; gently toss to combine.
- Carefully break apart pieces of Bibb lettuce and place into serving dishes. Portion teff mixture on top. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired.
Servings: 18 Serving Size: ½ cup
Calories: 102 g • Fat: 2.2 g • Protein: 3.6 g • Carb: 18.1 g • Fiber: 2.4 g • Sugar: 0.2 g • Sodium: 53.9 mg
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/08/27/chia-teff-salad-with-lemon-scallion-dressing/