Quinoa Berry Salad
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 pint organic blackberries
- 1 pint organic raspberries
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. stevia powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest, plus more for serving
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Cook quinoa according to package. Remove from heat; set aside to cool for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked quinoa, blackberries, raspberries, basil, mixed greens and scallions; gently toss to combine. Place in the refrigerator for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, whisk remaining ingredients.
- Remove quinoa salad from the fridge; drizzle with balsamic dressing.
- Serve chilled with additional lemon zest.
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/quinoa-berry-salad/