Grilled Cherry Guacamole
Recipe type: Appetizer
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups fresh cherries, pitted and halved
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ tsp. fresh lime zest
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnish
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, gently toss cherries in olive oil. Place cherries into a large piece of tin foil and fold to seal foil at the top.
- Transfer cherries in foil to the heated grill; cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mash avocados until it forms a chunky consistency.
- Remove cherries from grill; set aside for 2 minutes to cool then add to the guacamole mixture along with remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Serve immediately. Garnish with additional fresh basil.
Serving Size: ¼ Cup
Calories: 106 Cal • Fat: 7.9 g • Protein: 1.3 g • Carb: 10.0 g • Fiber: 3.8g • Sugar: 4.9g • Sodium: 58.6 g
Recipe by Gluten Free Recipes - The Healthy Apple at http://thehealthyapple.com/2012/08/06/grilled-cherry-guacamole/