So nice to see you.
This month is all about mangos. They’re fresh. They’re flavorful. They’re fun. And a mango salad recipe is just what you need to add a bit of sweetness to your summer.
By now you should know that I’m addicted to millet.
It’s pretty amazing and I’m in love with it. Have you tried?
O boy, if you haven’t….I really suggest you do.
I’m a fan of the Bob’s Red Mill Millet (it’s gluten-free and so fresh) and I LOVE the creamy texture. It’s similar to quinoa but heartier and thicker and O’ so fabulous.
This salad pretty much sums up everything I love to eat: gluten-free whole grains, lots of veggies, fresh herbs and a whole lotta flavor.
It’s topped off with a hint of sweet mango and a simple yet sweet orange basil dressing that is sure to revisit your dinner table a few more times this summer. Trust me. You’ll be addicted to the dressing and the millet.
They’re both too good to be true and absolutely perfect for a humid, summer night like tonight in Manhattan. Turn on the air conditioning for me please, whew! I’m ready to head down to the shore again to see my family and soak up the sunshine this weekend. I’ll be serving this millet salad on Friday night along with some roasted veggies on the side.
It’s the perfect way to kick of August.
Now, head out- grab some millet and get started. Let me know what you think- I have a feeling you’ll be addicted too.
Actually, I know you will.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill Millet
- 1 large mango, sliced into ½ inch pieces lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- pinch ground cardamom
- pinch fresh orange zest
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook millet on the stove top according to package directions.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked millet, mango, basil, red onion and bell pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk oil, orange juice, vinegar, cardamom, orange zest, sea salt and pepper. Drizzle over millet mixture and serve immediately.