So, it’s time for quick dessert recipes.
You’re hot. You’re lazy. It’s summer.
July 4th is over and you ate way too many burgers, right?
Well, have I got the perfect little recipe for you!
No need to head to the store and spend hours reading the labels of the 1,000 nut butters that are on the shelves. Most are filled with added sugar and oils and refined salt. Yuck.
Wanna know how to get a clean nut butter?
Make your own!
Here’s an easy recipe that doesn’t require your oven – so you can keep cool this July – sip on your iced tea and whirl away your nuts in your food processor while you watch the kids jump through the sprinkler.
Sounds fun, right?
I thought so!
Dig in. This nut butter’s gunna blow your mind. Spread it on top of a piece of my Cinnamon Chocolate Chip Cornbread.
Or get creative and try a bit sandwiched between my Cranberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 cups raw cashews
- 4 tsp. organic coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup or honey
- 1½ Tbsp. cocoa powder or cacao powder
- pinch sea salt
- Puree cashews in a food processor until smooth. Once smooth, while the motor is still running, slowly add in coconut oil. Puree until combined. Add more oil if you'd like a thinner consistency.
- Turn off food processor and add in coconut flakes, maple syrup/honey, cocoa powder and sea salt. Puree again until well combined.
- Transfer to a sealed container and store in the fridge for up to 7-10 days.
- Serve atop bananas, apples, gluten-free crackers and tortillas!
And, f you’re in NYC on July 29th Join Me For My NYC Underground Supper Club Dinner Party Series join me for my next Dinner Party- it’s all organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian! 7-9 PM Downtown Manhattan. To attend, please RSVP to: TheHealthyApple@gmail.com.