Castor Oil Uses | Castor Oil Benefits
A few years ago I started using castor oil packs to help my body detox; they’re a great way to stimulate liver detoxification and have helped me tremendously.
All you need is a bottle of castor oil, a piece of wool flannel and a rubber (not electric) heating pad. I also use an old sweater or towel just in case the oil gets messy (yes, the oil stains so please be careful).
To get started:
- Open up your piece of flannel and place it in a large bowl.
- Drizzle the castor oil all over the flannel until it’s well saturated.
- Fill the water bottle with hot water.
- Lay down and put the flannel on the right side of your stomach directly on your skin (right under your rib cage).
- Place the heating pad on top of the flannel and relax.
- You can use this for 30-40 minutes or as long as desired.
Be careful with your sources of castor oil; much of the oil is derived from castor seeds which are highly sprayed with pesticides and other chemicals that can be toxic. Be sure to always check with your doctor before doing a castor oil pack because some people do experience negative side effects.
It is essential to work with a nutritionist and an Integrative M.D. because I am sharing general information that is not intended to be medical advice. This information is only given for informational purposes.