I know you’re all looking for healthy lunch ideas this summer…
Well, look no further because this broccoli salad recipe is going to rock your world.
This little salad here- if we can call it that with the abundance of veggies and fruits- is ridiculous fresh and delish. It tastes like a big bowl of summer…minus the whole sand in your mouth thing.
It’s crunchy and sweet and salty without any added sugar.
Seriously- can you see how beautiful this salad looks? It’s the main reason why I eat so many darn salads in the summer…they all look like this and they’re too hard to resist.
Plus, I just crave salads in the warmer weather.
Not in the winter, that’s for darn sure.
And there’s something about those little blueberries that make this dish so naturally sweet and flavorful that I just wanna pop the whole pint in my mouth. Well, okay. Not really. But I do have to stop myself from popping all these ingredients in my mouth while making this dish.
Possibly the one thing missing from this bowl of goodness is a nice ripe avocado but you can always whip one into a blender with sea salt and pepper and some soaked cashews for a creamy dressing that will totally rock YOUR world.
I kid you not.
You’ll never ever got back to bottled salad dressings ever again.
I’ll let you decide.
And, if you’re in NYC on July 1st Join Me For My NYC
Underground Supper Club Dinner Party Series – it’s all organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian! 7-9 PM Downtown Manhattan. To attend, please RSVP to: TheHealthyApple@gmail.com.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 1 small head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 large zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1½ cups thinly sliced mushrooms
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 cups Earthbound Farm Organic Arugula
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- Juice of 1 meyer lemon
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, minced
- ½ tsp. sea salt, divided
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper, divided
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli florets, zucchini, mushrooms,1/4 tsp. sea salt, ¼ tsp. pepper and 1 Tbsp. olive oil; toss to coat. Place in a grill pan and grill for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Remove from grill; set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine arugula, blueberries, grilled vegetables and basil in a large serving bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk fresh meyer lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, 2 Tbsp. olive oil, shallot, sea salt and pepper and pour over arugula salad. Toss to coat evenly and serve.
This post is sponsored by Earthbound Farm. All opinions are my own. I choose to use Earthbound Farm organic salads in my regular meals because they are organic and free of chemicals, pesticides and herbicides that conventional salads are filled with.