Okay folks, listen up.
It’s the end of May and June is just moments away.
Before you head to the local market to buy a jug of sugary lemonade, limeade or orange juice…take a gander at this incredible recipe below.
One of my best buddies, Tess Masters, just came out with a fabulous cookbook called The Blender Girl and it’s beyond amazing and gluten-free and delicious. So, to celebrate her success I’ve decided to share one of her delicious recipes with all of you.
The name alone will make you wanna whip out your blender. Tess is a blender mastermind. Honestly- she’s so talented and has been blending up gluten-free, vegan recipes since the day I met her. I’ve already made 28 of her new recipes in this book and let me tell you- she knows how to create an abundance of flavor and satisfaction with whole, real foods. I guess that’s why she’s one of my buddies….
Trust me, this recipe is a keeper.
You’ll wanna sip on this all summer long. I’m warning you now- stock up on chia seeds, lemons, limes, oranges and coconut water. You’ll need a bucket of them to sip on this mocktail until Labor Day.
And, f you’re in NYC on June 24th Join Me For My NYC Underground Supper Club Dinner Party Series join me for my next Dinner Party- it’s all organic, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian! 7-9 PM Downtown Manhattan. To attend, please RSVP to: TheHealthyApple@gmail.com.
Try to buy everything organic. Here’s why: The Benefits of Eating Organic.
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. black or white chia seeds
- Stevia or other sweetener
- Throw the coconut water, lime zest and juices into your blender and blast on high for 30-60 seconds, until the zest has been pulverized and evenly distributed. Add chia seeds and blend on low with a high speed blender or low if you are using a conventional blender for a few seconds or until the chia is incorporated and slightly broken down but now fully blended.
- Taste, add stevia or sweetener and blend again briefly. Transfer to a glass jar and chill in the fridge for 2 hours. Give it a stir before drinking.
- Serve chilled.