Well hello there and Happy Monday!
I hope you didn’t have too much fun this weekend because you’re gunna have the week of your life with these waffles.
These aren’t just any ol’ waffles.
They’re the most amazing (and cutest) and delicious recipe I’ve made in a loooonnng time.
This one here is a winner, ladies and gents.
I mean, come on….
Who doesn’t love a waffle on a Sunday morning? Growing up waffles were a special treat in our home. Those were the days before I was allergic to gluten and I was served my Dad’s special wheat waffles…
But those days (and stomach aches after eating them) are loooong gone.
My simply gluten-free waffles.
Only a few ingredients.
Nothing like Bisquick.
They’re so easy to make and can be whipped up in no time.
I used Pamela’s gluten-free oatmeal cookie mix for this recipe but I’m sure you can use any gluten-free cookie mix!
These pretty waffles made a lovely breakfast for my family last week. The dried cherries totally hit the spot but you can totally add dried cranberries if that’s all you have on hand! No sweat.
As always I added a touch of cinnamon…
And those amazing coconut flakes that I just can’t keep my paws off of…
Speaking of not keeping your paws off, I made these for my father while visiting him and caught him red-handed eating them with his hands dunking ‘em into the syrup. Ha, gotta love him. O and did I tell you he’s 100% Italian- like the ‘I Love Wheat’ 100% Italian- ya that’s him….and he had no idea they were gluten free.
Well, until now.
I can’t wait till you guys make these. You’re gunna want to make another serving so let me warn you now- buy enough to make more than 2 of these waffles cause tomorrow you’re gunna want another one.
- ½ cup cashews
- ⅓ cup gluten-free oats
- ½ cup gluten-free oatmeal cookie mix
- 1 large egg
- ⅓ cup Almond Breeze
- ¼ tsp. coconut flakes
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. dried cherries
- Add cashews and oats to a blender; pulse until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients; mix well to combine.
- Spray waffle iron with nonstick baking spray.
- When iron is hot, add half the batter, close and let cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from hot iron using a fork and add remaining batter; cook for 3-4 minutes until golden brown and remove using a fork.
- Serve waffles warm with a side of dried cherries or pure maple syrup, if desired.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze.