Don’t let your eyes fool you- this IS a gluten-free pizza. Yeppers and first gluten-free pizza dough that actually tasted good.
One of my best friends, Karen Morgan just launched a line of gluten-free baking blends and she was kind enough to send me a few to play with.
Let’s just say that I had a lil’ too much fun and made them all in less than 24 hours.
My family was beyond full and happy. I still don’t even think they knew it was gluten-free, hehe.
For this pizza dough, I used Karen’s Blackbird Bakery’s Bread Blend … can you see how soft n’ fluffy it is?
Ya it tastes even better than it looks. It’s simple to make and just takes a bit of time to let the dough rise and it’s totally worth it. I let the dough sit for 30 minutes while I washed the dishes and starting making a few other dishes. So, you can easily kill two birds with one stone here, if ya know what I mean.
You can do this.
I rolled out the dough using a rolling pin with a sprinkle of rice flour and plopped it atop parchment paper on my handy dandy pizza stone. Oh. My. Love. It turned out perfect. And guess what? There were no leftovers so I guess that just tells you how good it was. You’ll never order take-out pizza again, that’s for sure.
And since I just can’t help myself, allow me to give you a million shots of this fantabulllousss pizza.
And if you’re looking for a few easy allergy-friendly dinners for the week ahead that are under 30 minutes- check out my latest article for FOX News Health ‘Allergy-Friendly Meals Under 30 Minutes’.
- 1½ cups Eden Organic tomato sauce
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 Black Bird Bakery Bread Blend
- 3 leaves fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. dried oregano
- Prepare pizza crust according to package directions. Let rise for 30 minutes, then preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Bake dough for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, spread tomato sauce, olive oil and hummus on the pizza dough leaving ½ inch border on the ends. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, fresh spinach, basil, oregano, sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 more minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Remove from oven; serve warm.