Today’s my Birthday.
I’m the big 30.
It’s hard to believe 30 years have gone by.
I guess it’s true what they say, ‘Time Flies When You’re Havin’ Fun”…
And boy am I having fun.
Writing a book, cookin’, bakin’ and helping y’all feel good about Clean Food!
It’s been less than 2 years since I’ve been on disability from my job- 2 years since I was going from doctor to doctor and hospital to hospital each and every day….
It feels like it’s been 10 years…but it’s only been a year and a half.
So if that’s not enough inspiration for you- well than I don’t know what is.
I hope my story inspires you to never give up.
I hope my story keeps you smiling.
I hope I make you happy with my recipes each week.
And I truly hope each of you are feeling great.
But if your not- it’s okay because you will feel better soon. Sometimes soon feels like forever. Sometime soon feels like it will never come. But I’m here to tell you that ‘soon’ comes and soon happens and soon you will feel better.
I was ready to give up.
My boss didn’t believe me. My doctors thought I was crazy.
Mayo Clinic told me I was fine.
But I wasn’t.
I was really, really, really sick.
So I kept my head up high…..and fought my way to find the answer.
And you can too.
In the meantime, take a few minutes each day for yourself- light a candle, listen to this and turn off the lights. Close your eyes and breathe. Remind yourself that you love yourself and you love your body and you are strong and you will fight whatever it is that you are fighting.
The idea is that, when you’re kind to yourself, you’re much better able to take life—with its ups and its downs—in stride.
Thank you all for your amazing support.
Here’s to many more years of yummy recipes, smiles and lots of love!
Now have a slice of my Birthday loaf and blow out a candle for me.
- 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour such as Bob’s Red Mill
- 2½ tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1¾ cups stevia for baking such as Stevia in the Raw
- ¾ cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 3 cups sweet potatoes, cooked, peeled and grated (approximately 8 small sweet potatoes)
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp. coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder and sea salt.
- In a separate large bowl, beat stevia, oil, eggs and almond extract. Add sweet potato; mix well. Add dry ingredients, pecans and coconut flakes to wet ingredients; mix well.
- Transfer batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 10 minutes before serving.