Just when you thought you’d seen your fare share of candy canes…I’ve got another one for you.
Well, what else are you gunna do with all those leftover candy canes when you’re taking down your Christmas tree?
What’s that you say? You ate all your candy canes already?
No worries. I bet you can go to your corner store and get a whole box on sale for just 25 cents. Or just get a bag of red n’ white mints and crush ‘em up to make this recipe anytime of the year.
This pear recipe made a lovely lil’ snackie snack for me this week. Pears were on a mega-sale in my food store so I thought I’d buy a few and put my dark chocolate and candy canes to good use. Ya know?
Like I said, this recipe may have a holiday-flare to it but that doesn’t mean it can’t be the knock-out treat at your New Year’s Eve party.
This isn’t so much a complicated recipe and can easily be made with the kids or with someone who has no idea what they are doing; you can’t mess this one up, people! You can add whatever you like to these chocolate dipped pears such as ground nuts, seeds, sprinkles or stevia and enjoy them as an afternoon snack or healthy dessert.
So, if you’re still stuffed from your holiday dinner and looking for a lighter treat with some sort of health component- take a bite of one of these. O ya, and if you’re stumped as to what you can serve for your New Year’s Eve party tonight- I’m sure you can find a candy cane, some chocolate and a pear in a jiffy.
I hope y’all have a great New Year’s Eve! If you need me, I’ll be buried under ground candy canes.
- 4 candy canes
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods Semi-Sweet Mega Chunks (dairy-free, gluten-free, soy-free, nut-free) chocolate
- 4 large pears
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- Place candy canes in a Ziploc bag; seal and crush using a wooden spoon. Transfer broken candy canes to a food processor; pulse until candy canes resemble a powder.
- Place chocolate chips in a medium bowl; heat in the microwave until melted, approximately 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice each pear into 4 slices.
- Remove melted chocolate from microwave; mix well. Immediately dip pears into the melted chocolate; coat each pear slice only ½ way. Allow excess chocolate to drip off, then lay flat on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle crushed candy canes onto the melted chocolate part of the pears; place in the refrigerator to cool for 15-20 minutes. Keep chilled until ready to serve.