Did you know it’s National Oatmeal Muffin Day?
I bet ya didn’t. That’s why I’m here to send over a quick n’ easy recipe for oatmeal muffins that you can whip up and pop into your oven for a sweet treat tonight.
And breakfast tomorrow.
And a snack mid-afternoon around 3:00 when your tummy starts rumblin’…
These here muffins aren’t just any oatmeal muffins, they’re packed with fresh lemon juice, orange zest, dried cranberries and almonds.
I was gunna save this post until the morning after Thanksgiving because these are just the most perfect lil’ muffins to serve after you’ve eaten your heart out the night prior- but I just can’t. I mean, it’s National Oatmeal Muffin Day, people!
Plus, you probably need an excuse to eat another muffin.
You down? Goodie. Let’s chat about these here muffins then, shall we?
I got the idea for this moist little cuties last week when I was out walking the streets of Manhattan and I stumbled upon an orange scone. Not the color orange but one made with orange juice and zest.
So I thought, what can I make that’s warm n’ fluffy, gluten-free, dairy-free and of course, delicious?
Are you still with me?
We’re starting the day of with these oatmeal orange cranberry muffins and they are gunna blow your mind. Yep, consider it blown. Far far away. But, you can come back for Christmas because it’s only six days away. (Smile!)
A crunchy golden crust and a moist, sweetened inside- these guys are much better than the muffins at the store. Heck, they’re even better than the fresh ones at Dean n’ Deluca. And they’re incredibly easy to make, too.
I’m sure you can picture me in my tiny Manhattan apartment, baking away for my neighbors and pals. These freeze well too, so if you’re anything like me, you’ll go ahead and hide them from your family in your freezer until you are alone and ready to toast one up and savor each bite.
Get the picture?
I thought so.
That’s when no homemade muffin is safe- just don’t tell anyone my secret that they’re always stashed in the freezer, hehe.
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’m giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- 3 cups gluten-free oats such as Bob's Red Mill, separated
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
- 2 tsp. fresh orange zest
- 1⅓ cups dried cranberries
- ¾ cup So Delicious Coconut Milk
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, at room temperature
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a muffin tin with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine 2 cups of oats in a blender; pulse on high speed until mixture forms a flour consistency. Remove from blender; transfer to a large mixing bowl with remaining 1 cup of oats, chia seeds, baking soda, sea salt, cinnamon, almonds, orange zest and dried cranberries.
- In a separate bowl, combine So Delicious Coconut Milk and lemon juice; set aside for 7 minutes, then add to the dry ingredients along with the coconut oil and agave nectar.
- Mix well to combine; set aside for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside for 10 minutes to cool before serving.