Thanksgiving is less than a week away and I’m busy bakin’ in my kitchen. The oven’s on and the pantry’s full.
First up, my gluten-free pumpkin pecan bread.
Mmmmhhmmmmm. I think the title is enough to get you to wanna try a piece, isn’t it?
I’m becoming obsessed with Simply Organic Spices, as you can tell. I think I’ve used them in every recipe from today thru New Year’s so keep your eyes posted. It’s amazing how much different a ‘good’ quality cinnamon or nutmeg can taste, isn’t it? Quality, people it’s all about quality. And I’m SO willing to spend that extra dollar to get a spice that makes my treats taste superb. Because a bland cinnamon or nutmeg just doesn’t cut it.
Ya with me?
I mean come on, pumpkin and pecans in a gluten-free bread? What could be better?
Okay maybe there are a few better combinations but this one surely is in the top 5.
This was my first time baking with maple syrup. O my Goodnesssssss.
Have you ever tried it?
Talk about flavor! I was blown away and so were my taste testers. I’ve often used stevia or sugar or honey, even some brown rice syrup or agave in my baking recipes but this maple syrup seriously surprised me and I am not gunna lie- I think I’ll be using it in many other baking recipes this holiday season.
It adds such a unique flavor and the incredible aroma it gives off while baking is enough to blow your mind.
Plus, how cute is this lil’ loaf all wrapped up as a gift to bring to your host on Thanksgiving? I thought it was a fun idea and it’s an easy, ‘sweet’ way to say thank you to your gracious host this holiday season.
No need to prance the aisles of the stores looking for what to bring when you can simply just wrap this cute loaf in parchment paper with twine and a cute card. Then you will be able to share the yumminess with your family and friends for dessert.
Kinda cute, isn’t it?
Homemade gifts always get 5 stars in my book. There’s just something special about a homemade gift- especially when you can eat it, too!
And don’t forget to head over to my Facebook Page starting December 1st where I’m hosting the ’25 Days of Christmas’ Giveaway Every Day. I’ll be giving away a new gluten-free gift everyday from December 1st-December 25th.
Enjoy and Good Luck!
- ½ cup Earth Balance Vegan Butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups pumpkin puree
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1½ cups gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 Tbsp. Simply Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- ¾ tsp. Simply Organic Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking pan with nonstick baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, maple syrup, eggs, pumpkin and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, sea salt and pecans.
- Fold wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; do not over-mix. Transfer mixture to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I’m featured today on Abe’s Market where I’ve chosen some of my favorite gluten-free products from their store. I’m happy to announce a gift card for 20% off all purchases on http://www.abesmarket.com with code HEALTHYAPPLE20.