Earlier this week I made something insanely delicious.
And I just simply couldn’t keep it a secret anymore.
I’ve been counting the days ’till Friday so that I could share this new black rice recipe with y’all.
And now that Friday is here- I’m all smiles because this recipe is gunna rock your world.
Black rice and crab claws are a match made in heaven. Most of you have probably had crabs- but believe me, you’ve never quite had ‘em quite like this.
Have you ever tossed rice n’ crabs with a bit of spicy harissa sauce? I didn’t think so. It was totally new for me, too but now that I’ve tried it I think I’m hooked. The flavor! It was tender and spicy. And you totally need to make this tonight.
When I was a young girl, my mother, sister and I went crabbing. We crabbed all day and then came home for spaghetti and crabs. But those were the rinky dink blue claw crabs- nothin’ like these here monster claws that I am just loving.
The blue claw crabs didn’t have much meat to them but these snow crabs are the meatiest little suckers I’ve ever seen- well they’re almost as good as lobster. I opted for rice instead of spaghetti because it’s always good to switch things up, isn’t it?
This dish would be great with any toppings but I’ve been on a harissa sauce kick as of late so I tossed in a bit for some pizazz.
This recipe is a winner.
And let me tell you…
You’re gunna love it.
I mean really love it.
So, go ahead. Mix up your dinner tonight and toss a lil’ snow crab with some easy-peasy black rice. Don’t say I didn’t warn ‘ya. It’s addicting.
- 2 cups cooked (1 cup dry) black rice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tbsp. mina harissa sauce
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 8 frozen snow crab cocktail claws
- ¼ cup So Delicious dairy-free Greek plain yogurt
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook crab claws for 2-3 minutes or until pink and well done. Drain water; set crab claws aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except crab cocktail claws; gently toss to combine.
- Transfer rice mixture into four serving bowls, place two crab claws into each bowl.
- Serve warm with a dollop of yogurt.