Berries, Berries everywhere.
I just can’t seem to get enough of ‘em these days.
So, when Whole Foods Market asked me to create a few fun berry recipes using their organic berries- I simply couldn’t resist.
I held a fun lil’ Whole Foods Market berry party last weekend and it was so sweet n’ tasty.
I created everything from quinoa salad to black rice salad and simple green salad all using Whole Foods Market’s organic berries.
Yep- I used up three pints of each- it was a whole lotta berries.
But O’ boy were they so sweet n’ fresh.
Just the way summer sweet was meant to be.
No added sugar.
No added sweeteners.
Just a few fresh organic berries.
So, go ahead- break out your berry stash and have a fun lil’ berry party with yourself today.
There’s more to come of these berry recipes- I created four in total and I’ll be posting them all within the next few weeks so be sure to stock up on your berries to be ready.
And yes, as always these recipes are totally #bikiniapproved.
Here’s to summer sweetness in your bowl.
- 1 pint fresh organic blackberries
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon zest
- 4 cups packed mixed greens
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- Juice of 1 large organic lemon
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. Barlean's Flax Oil
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine blackberries, lemon zest, mixed greens, dill and scallions. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk lemon juice, vinegar, oil, sesame seeds, sea salt and pepper. Pour dressing over blackberry salad; gently toss to combine.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.