Just the scent of these Brussels sprouts is enough to make you wanna have them a few times a week.
I kid you not.
No pun on the ‘kid’ as we all hated Brussels sprouts growing up, didn’t we?
Why was that?
Why do they have such a bad reputation amongst all the other veggies?
The past year I’ve become slightly addicted to Brussels sprouts- as in- I just can’t get enough of ‘em.
I’ve got so many sprout recipes comin’ your way- so you better start loading up on these babies now.
But this Brussels sprout recipe is a bit different- it’s unique, to say the least…
I picked up some real beauties this week- they’re huge and so flavorful.
I was big into steaming the spouts a few months ago- but o man, let me tell you- when you roast ‘em up- you’ll never go back to the steam machine.
And the flavor in these agave roasted sprouts is out-of-this-world. Well, I think it is. You’ll have to let me know your thoughts- but I have a feeling you’ll like ‘em, too.
You start by brewing some green tea and pouring it over the Brussels spouts in a roasting pan along with agave nectar. Pop ‘em into the oven for a nice roasting session and then get busy on your cashew glaze.
It sounds a lot harder than it really is.
I’m a firm believer in the power of an electric mixer- just add the remaining ingredients and whip ‘em up until you get a creamy glaze to drizzle atop your roasted sprouts.
Pretty easy, isn’t it?
And the aroma- O my goodness. The sizzling agave and green tea fills your kitchen after a mere five minutes and you’ll be eying the timer to reach in and bite a sprout from minute six to thirty.
These just aren’t any old Brussels sprouts.
They’re special and hey, who knows…
Maybe your kids will eat ‘em up, too.
Agave-Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Vegan Cashew Glaze
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups green tea, brewed
- 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, ground
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 tsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp. nori flakes (sea vegetable)
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 Tbsp. warm water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place Brussels sprouts in a roasting pan. Pour 2 cups brewed green tea over Brussels sprouts, then drizzle with agave nectar. Place into the oven for 30 minutes; flipping sprouts after 15 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, combine remaining ingredients; using an electric mixer, beat for 3 minutes or until well combined. Set aside.
- Remove Brussels sprouts from oven; drain remaining liquid. Transfer sprouts to a serving bowl.
- Serve warm with a drizzle of vegan creme.