Because I’m pretty sure all you’ve been seein’ lately are candy canes and sugar cookies.
You’re probably even dreaming of sugar plums at night.
I thought so.
Well, to take away some of that crazy sugar rush, I’m here to calm ya’ll down with a nice dose of comfort food. But what’s a comfort food without a vegetable?
I mean, I figured we needed a vegetable in there somewhere, right?
I’ve veered away from the sweets to offer you a hearty, wholesome dish that’s perfect to snack on before you get your holiday bake on or before you start your 2 hours of wrapping gifts.
Either way it’s an easy burrito recipe that not only tastes amazing on it’s own but when paired with my chipotle sauce, is knock your ‘Christmas Stockings’ off fabulous.
Wanna know a little secret?
These fixins’ aren’t only great on corn tortillas though. No, definitely don’t stop there. I recommend smothering these ingredients onto a piece of nori seaweed, gluten-free wraps or gluten-free toast.
It’s great for our vegetarian friends and can easily be made vegan without the Greek yogurt.
Not that I recommend making it without the Greek yogurt though. Greek yogurt is delish.
Gluten-Free and Vegetarian
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or dairy-free yogurt
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1 cup Lima beans
- 1/4 cup fresh curly parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, cooked
- 1 cup wild rice, cooked
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 1 plum tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/3 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare a baking sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Lay corn tortillas flat on baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, pumpkin and chili powder; mix well to combine. Spread mixture atop tortillas. Add mashed avocado and smooth together in a circular motion. Add Lima beans, parsley, beans, rice and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with nutritional yeast, sea salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the oven; bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.
- Remove from oven; transfer to serving dishes.
- Serve warm.