Did you know if you mash avocados and then mix ‘em with endive and watercress you can make a pretty amazing guac?
No need to run to the market for pre-made guac.
And why am I, after twenty-eight years making this ridiculously easy and delicious guacamole for the very first time?
You’ve probably had regular guacamole at some point of your life or another. I mean, who doesn’t love some creamy guacamole goodness?
Well, dear ones, creamy guac goodness just got a whole lot better.
This guacamole couldn’t be easier to make. All you need is a food processor, a bowl and a nice big spoon. Serve it with anything from tofu to toast. Like your favorite heals, this guac pretty much goes with everything.
As you can clearly see, I like a lotta guac.
And this one’s extra special.
It’s got a bit of endive.
A bit of creamy cashews and avocado.
I kinda like the nice leafy cilantro on top.
I mean, who wouldn’t wanna whip up an easy n’ healthy gluten-free vegetarian recipe?
I know I sure would.
So, go ahead.
Take a seat n’ eat up.
Am I right?
And if you’re in the mood to add a bit of excitement to your classic guac recipe, switch it up and add in some these flavorful ingredients.
- Grated red or yellow beets
- Slivered snow peas
- Grated carrots
- Chopped apricots
- Fresh basil
- Fresh lemon peel
- Fresh orange juice
- Grated orange peel
- Toasted pecans
- Honey or agave nectar
Vegan and Gluten-Free
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup endive, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh watercress
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and cored
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Fresh cilantro, to garnish
- 8 slices gluten-free bread, toasted
- 1 lb. marinated tofu, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients (except bread and tofu) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, spread atop a piece of gluten-free toast with a few slices of marinated tofu.
- Remaining guacamole can be served at room temperature or chilled with gluten-free crackers, pretzels or crudites.