So, I kinda figured you’d all need another chocolate recipe for Christmas. Because, you know, you may not have had your share of holiday treats yet and by all means, you need ta get your sweet tooth on.
I love chocolate. Well, let’s break that down. I love chocolate. But good chocolate. Good dark chocolate and raw cacao nibs. I think I could be happy just spending the day with some chocolate alone. But I won’t because my belly wouldn’t be too happy with that. It’d be asking for zucchini. So, then I’d just drizzle some dark chocolate over roasted zucchini.
But for now, enter dark chocolate bark. It’s sweet, it’s rich and has enough dark chocolate to completely knock your lil’ socks or mittens off.
And wait till you try this organic maple sugar. Seriously; it blew my mind. I am ready to order it by the dozen because it makes everything taste amazing. Yes, everything.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
Makes 3 cups
- 3 cups dark chocolate vegan chips
- 1 cup raw cacao nibs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- 2 tsp. Shiloh Farms Organic Maple Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt dark chocolate and raw cacao nibs in a small sauce pan over low heat. Add almond milk and sea salt; mix well until combined.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick baking spray. Lay out almonds in a single layer on baking sheet. Pour hot, melted chocolate mixture on top of almonds. Sprinkle with maple sugar.
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool before serving.
I’m excited to announce I’ve been asked to write for the Williams Sonoma Blog.
I’d love your ‘Like’ facebook vote to become the next Love Grown Foods blogger.
And be sure to check out some of my recent work from this week:
If you’re in the NYC area, I’ll be presenting at 2 Upcoming Events:
NYC Holiday Veg Fest on Sunday at 12PM talking about Allergen Friendly Holidays
Integral Yoga Natural Foods talking about Gluten-Free Clean Eating on Tuesday night at 6PM.