A nice combination of pretty, red quinoa and brown rice.
A side dollop of ginger hummus.
Now that’s what I call a fabulous dish.
Wouldn’t ya say so yourself?
It’s a pretty n’ healthy quinoa recipe.
O and it’s a vegan quinoa recipe, too.
Pretty nice, huh?
I think it’s a pretty dish.
Kinda reminds me of confetti.
Well, it’s a party in my kitchen if that counts.
And I’m sure you will too.
Friday means party time.
My definition of party?
Jazz music playing…stove fired up…oven burning…veggies chopping and candles burning.
Yes, I’m a wild, wild partier.
Leave the partying to my little sister.
My oven’s off, my stove is calm, my belly is full with and I’m in bed.
O what a Friday night party in Manhattan.
Lemon Coconut Quinoa with Ginger Hummus
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 cup red quinoa, cooked and cooled
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked and cooled
- Juice of 1 fresh lemon
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 small tomato, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and mashed
- 2 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- In a large serving bowl, combine cooked quinoa and brown rice. Add lemon juice, zest, coconut flakes, dill, tomato and onion; gently toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a separate small bowl, combine mashed avocado, chickpeas, vinegar, cinnamon, sea salt and ginger. Using an electric mixer, whip mixture until it forms stiff peaks. Add sesame seeds; mix well to combine.
- Serve quinoa mixture at room temperature with a side dollop of ginger hummus.