And perfect paired with your corn tortilla chips.
One bite and you just won’t be able to stop.
O ya, I forgot to mention it’s gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-free and vegan! Awesome.
Homemade Creamy Chile con Queso
Vegan and Gluten-Free
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 1 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 3/4 cup salsa
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
1. Combine almond milk and vinegar in a small bowl; set aside for 5-10 minutes until mixture thickens. Add cornstarch; mix well to combine.
2. In a food processor, grind cashews. Remove from food processor and add to a medium sized pot over medium heat.
3. Add water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric and almond milk mixture. Mix well; add salsa, red bell pepper, cilantro, sea salt and pepper.
4. Serve warm, at room temperature with corn tortilla chips, crudites, atop burritos, tacos and salads.
And I’m excited to announce my Rudi’s Gluten-Free Bread Giveaway.
Enter below for your chance to win a Rudi’s Gluten-Free FREE Loaf Coupons and Rudi’s sandwich box.
I will be picking TWO Winners on Friday, September the 30th.
- Leave a comment on this post and Tweet about this Giveaway @TheHealthyApple