It’s all you need for a summertime dish.
It’s delish atop fresh summer green salads, grilled veggies and even a nice bowl of fresh fruit. Yes, fresh fruit. Why not drizzle a bit atop a bowl of fresh cantaloupe and melon with raspberries. Sounds pleasant, doesn’t it?
I snapped these pictures yesterday with my tomato plants in view so you can get a lil’ view of my nice fresh tomato plants that are starting to pop up nice n’ ruby red.
I used my fresh Jersey garden tomatoes in this recipe and it was amazing.
I think I consumed about 20 tomatoes this weekend.
I made this dressing about 4 times and enjoyed it all weekend long.
It’s a new favorite.
And it’s fresh, of course.
So, what’s not to love?
Summer freshness, summer flavor, summer lovin’ in every bite.
Tomato Lime Basil Dressing
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 3 large heirloom tomatoes
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Barlean’s Flax Oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor or blender; process until smooth. Transfer to a sealed container and place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Drizzle atop salads, grilled vegetables, fish and tofu.