It sure ain’t your average 7 Layer Dip.
Purely Simple n’ Vegetarian.
Lots of fresh veggies. Straight from the farmer’s market here in Manhattan.
Did I mention healthy?
Layer by Layer. I assure you, the deeper you dip, the more your taste buds will thank you.
I’ve created a healthy spin on the classic 7 Layer Dip. What’s so special? Well, just take a looksy. I’ve added sweet potato, Swiss chard, fresh spinach, colorful bell peppers and scallions along with a slew of other fun ingredients.
I bet you’ve never seen a Layer Dip quite like this.
And I know you’ve never tasted one this good, either.
It’s healthy. It’s tasty.
Perfect to serve when you’re having company over…an easy, breezy appetizer that everyone will enjoy.
Gotta love all that fiber and all those nutrients hidden in there.
Your guest will never know.
Okay, well maybe they will.
But I assure you, the natural sweetness from the sweet potato, tomatoes, spinach as Swiss chard will throw your taste buds for a whirl.
Go ahead, have a party. Invite your friends over. Bake up this tasty dip n’ have fun.
I’m ready to make this again. It was such a hit when I created it that I’m suggesting you save a bit for yourself to use on sandwiches, salads and spread atop toast in lieu of mayo, mustard and dressings. This is just too good to pass up.
Dig in. Just make sure you have enough gluten-free tortilla chips on hand.
The “Very Many” Layer Dip
Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free and Vegetarian
- 2 cups black beans, cooked and mashed
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 1 cup fresh Swiss Chard, steamed and chopped
- 1 head fresh spinach, steamed and chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup Daiya Vegan Cheese
- 1/4 cup organic salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9 x 9 inch baking dish, layer each ingredient in the order above.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until bubbling and warm.
- Serve warm with gluten-free tortilla chips.
And if you’re in a pinch and don’t have time to whip up this fabulous Very Many Layer Dip or don’t have these ingredients on hand, no worries. One of my special tricks is to purchase an organic salsa from the store such as Amy’s Organic and add a touch of chopped onions, orange and yellow peppers, chopped steamed spinach, fresh cilantro, chili powder and Herbs de Provence. Mix everything together in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Not bad, huh?
What are your tricks when you’re in a time crunch and you’re having guests?