It all started with my new obsession with coconut oil.
Yes, I’m addicted.
A few tablespoons at each meal and I’m a satisfied and happy camper.
I’ve been doing lots of research on how to heal my ‘troubled belly’ and I’ve found numerous studies on coconut oil and it’s incredible benefits.
I’ve always loved coconut but after one taste of this solid-like oil, I was hooked.
Yes, hooked I tell ‘ya.
It’s the new nut butter.
The new little black dress.
My new love.
So, I decided to whip up a fabulous sweet recipe using my coconut oil and created a delicious n’ crunchy chocolate cake (gluten-free and vegan) and topped it off with a dollop of my Avocado Pudding.
And perfect for your summer dinner party.
Or simply to enjoy by yourself watching Friends re-runs on TBS.
Yes, it’s that good.
One bite and you just won’t stop. Believe me, this is a good one.
Bite in and enjoy.
Chocolate Cake with Avocado Pudding
Vegan and Gluten-Free
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup raw cacao
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. xantham gum
- 7 Tbsp. Barlean’s coconut oil
- 1/8 tsp. baking powder
- 2 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup green tea, brewed
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Foods Perky’s Crunchy Flax Cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a cake pan with baking spray. Set aside.
- Combine almonds, cornmeal, brown sugar, raw cacao, sea salt, baking soda and xantham gum; mix to combine.
- Melt coconut oil in the microwave or on the stove top until it becomes a liuid.
- In a small bowl, combine baking powder, coconut oil, almond extract and green tea; whisk well to combine.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; mix well to combine. Add crunchy flax cereal; mix again.
- Transfer batter into prepared cake pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Serve with chilled Avocado Pudding (Recipe Below).
Avocado Coconut Pudding
Vegan and Gluten-Free
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1/2 cup of hemp milk
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 4 Tbsp. cashews, ground
- 2 tsp. unsweetened coconut flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Serve a dollop of pudding with chocolate cake.
Check out my latest Foodily Post 11 Ways to Avoid Diet Gimmicks and Stay Healthy
I’m excited to announce I have been asked to be an editor for GIG’s (Gluten Intolerance Group) magazine. Be sure to keep an eye out for my articles.