It’s perfect for the summer.
Great wrapped in kale n’ collard leaves.
Or simply served atop salads, tacos and burritos.
Great for eating with a spoon right out of the chilled bowl in the fridge.
Now that’s what I’m talking about.
A nice scoop of this crimson salsa and you’re all set.
Morning oats getting a bit too steamy for this hot weather? How about a dollop of this salsa on top?
It’s a refreshing, scrumptious lil’ addition to any dish or nibble.
Pair it with some good ol’ guac and you’ve got yourself a fancy lil’ healthy nacho plate to enjoy with some baked corn chips.
Crimson Melon n’ Raisin Salsa
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 large cantaloupe, balled
- 1/2 large watermelon, balled
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl; gently toss to combine.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve. Transfer to serving bowls.
- Serve chilled with gluten-free crackers, kale and Swiss chard leaves.
Be sure to check out my latest Musselman’s Applesauce Tips for Summertime for Ice Pop Recipes.
As well as my latest Foodista article and recipe for Vegan Baked Fennel Crisps.
And, I just recently came across this cute Meal Planning website, Food on the Table that is helpful for preparing and planning meals while saving money. Cute isn’t it?