I had an idea for hummus this week.
It started with some beans. Then a lil’ edamame.
I kept with the Green theme here. Thought it was fun.
And Springy just in time for May, which is right around the corner. Can you believe it? I’m so excited for the warm, sunny weather. Just the thought of flip-flops and my grill makes me smile. I’m already dreaming of the beach and morning smoothies n’ homemade lemonade n’ ice pops. Okay, not to get too carried away here. It’s still April and we’ve gotta lotta rain n’ thunder here in Manhattan.
Now you’re talkin’.
Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 1/2 cups frozen shelled edamame cooked
- 1 cup of navy beans, drained and washed
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1/ 4 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowls; serve with gluten-free crackers and crudites.
Not so fast, there’s more you can do with those tasty lil’ edamame guys.
Here are a few other edamame recipes that are quick n’ easy to whip up and enjoy anytime of the year.
Roasted Spicy Edamame
- 1 cup edamame
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- pinch of cumin
- pinch of paprika
- sea salt, to taste
Edamame Deviled Eggs
- 2 cups edamame
- 4 hard boiled egg yolks
- 1 cup Greek plain yogurt
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. wasabi powder
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 12 egg white halves
- 2 cups edamame, chopped
- 1 large English cucumber, chopped
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1/4 tsp. lime zest
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- pinch of sea salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
And speaking of my edamame deviled eggs, I recently hosted an Eggland’s Best brunch which was so much fun and filled with tons of ‘eggie’ treats including French Toast, Edamame Deviled Eggs, Omelets, Baked Crumb Cake, Muffins, Frittatas and Poached Eggs atop Spinach with Salsa. Eggland’s Best Eggs contacted me to host this amazing brunch and was kind enough to send me complimentary coupons, aprons, spatulas and a flip camera to capture the fun.
Here are a few clips from the brunch…