I’ve been talking about this soup for quite some time now.
And many of you have inquired about it.
So, here it is.
It all started with a simple grocery shoppin’ trip to Zabars here in Manhattan where I came across the most beautiful Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes. I picked ‘em up, tossed ‘em into my basket and scurried home with a soup recipe brewing in my mind.
Full of heart healthy fiber, vitamins n’ minerals…this baby is sure to have your taste buds smilin’ in no time.
Kale n’ Almond Sweet Potato Soup
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cups fresh kale, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 tsp. agave nectar
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/6 tsp. sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Puncture holes in sweet potatoes using a fork. Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes or until very tender.
- Meanwhile, steam kale and Brussels Sprouts on the stove top in a medium sized pot, covered. Drain; set aside to cool.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1/2 inch pieces. Add to a food processor along with all other ingredients; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowls.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
I’m excited to announce my latest opportunity as a Foodista Food Editor, check out my latest article on Gluten-Free Eating When Traveling.
And for those of you who enjoy a cup of tea and a cup of joe, check out this adorable Duet Tea Infuser & Fresh Press Coffee Maker. I thought this was so cute…I myself am a tea drinker, but if you’ve got a tea sipper n’ a coffee lover in your home, I’d think this would be a great lil’ gadget to have on the counter top, wouldn’t it?