Yes, it was that good.
I finished it before I snapped a picture.
Seriously, you must scurry home right now and whip out your stock pot for this fabulous soup.
I kid you not, it’s my new favorite way to warm up on a chilly February evening.
And we’re not just talking about any ol’ February evening, but my Birthday Eve.
Yep. Last night was my Birthday Eve and today is my Birthday.
So, I thought…Why not treat myself to a fabulous, warm n’ hearty soup (and some dark chocolate, but that’s surely not documented in this post, hehe).
I knew I wanted to create something special for myself and this soup hit the spot. I served it with a sweet potato and baked tofu for a pleasantly delicious Birthday Eve dinner.
Then, I found the dark chocolate.
End of story.
Rustic Vegan Tomato Curry Soup
(Vegan and Gluten-Free)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- 1 cup sweet onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28 oz. can) plum tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp. red curry paste
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- Heat olive oil with sea salt, pepper, onion, spinach and garlic in a stock pot over medium heat; cook on medium heat until onions caramelize, approximately 6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, red curry paste, vegetable broth and almond milk; cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat; transfer to a blender. Add cashews. Process until smooth.
- Transfer to serving bowls; serve with a sprinkle fresh basil.
And check out this amazing website I recently discovered called, Virtual GDBK which shows you great online resources for when you’re traveling to cities all over the world…it shares local listings for shopping, food, travel stories, restaurants and even shares what bloggers had to say about these different hot spots. Fun, isn’t it? Makes me wanna travel…