Well, I just couldn’t help myself… Doesn’t this look incredible? I was inspired to create this dish last week when I was making my morning cup of green tea and sprinkling of turmeric and tarragon on my breakfast eggs. I thought, hmmm, ‘This tastes pretty good’…
And the rest is history.
A quick peak in the fridge fora some lonely chicken breasts and a light bulb went off in my head.
So, let’s start from the beginning.
I combined the chicken breasts with fresh green tea leaves with turmeric, tarragon and water in a pot over medium heat.
And let it simmer, covered for awhile, then reduce heat and keep it cookin’ for a soft, tender chicken.
Then, drained the excess water and was left with a beautiful array of tender chicken and blossomed green tea leaves.
Don’t ya think?
Poached Green Tea Tarragon Chicken
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup green tea leaves, dried
- 4 cups water
- 2 Tbsp. ground turmeric
- 2 tsp. tarragon
- Pinch of sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- In a medium sized pot, combine all ingredients over medium-heat. Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Reduce to a simmer; cook for another 25 minutes or until chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Drain liquid. Discard excess green tea leaves.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve warm.
Cooking with tea is one of my favorite ways to create a unique taste to any dish from rice to tofu and chicken to stews…not only does this green tea create an incredible aroma and delicious taste, it’s full of antioxidants.
So, put down that cup of tea and pour those leaves into your favorite dish.
It may just surprise you.
Have you ever cooked with tea?