Yes, I went to the market this weekend…
No, I wasn’t bored.
I was just excited.
And I purchased lots of Collard Greens.
I repeat, lots of Collard Greens.
So, I took one look at the four beauteous bunches of collards in my kitchen on Sunday night and thought about what to do.
Nori and Collards.
I created a vision in my mind.
Why not wrap it up?
And I did just that.
Nori Sweet Potato Collard Wraps
- 16 large collard green leaves, blanched
- 8 nori sheets
- 2 Tbsp. Nutzo Peanut-Free Nut Butter
- 4 large sweet potatoes, cooked and finely mashed
- 1 cup zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1/2 cup Greek plain yogurt
- 2 Tbsp. lime zest
- 2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. O Olive Oil Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup RenfroFoods Roasted Salsa
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Topping: Additional Salsa
- On a flat surface lay out blanched collard greens; blot to dry with a paper towel.
- Top each collard leaf with a nori sheet, spread Nutzo nut butter atop each nori sheet, followed by sweet potatoes, zucchini, carrots, a dollop of Greek yogurt, pinch of lime zest, a squirt of lime juice, balsamic vinegar, salsa, ground flax seeds, sea salt and pepper.
- Fold and roll up like a burrito.
- Serve at room temperature with additional salsa.
It’s Giveaway Time…
I’m excited to announce a new Gluten Free product that I’ve recently encountered, The Gluten Free Bar. The folks over at Gluten Free Bar were kind enough to offer 2 of my readers each a free pack of Gluten Free Bars.
- Leave me a comment on this post telling me which flavor bar you’d like to try
- Tweet about this giveaway and tell me that you did
- Post this giveaway on your website and tell me that you did
- Post this giveaway on your facebook page and tell me that you did
And, now for some fun other lil’ tidbits…
And for those of you yearnin’ to spice up your plate, check out the new iSPICE app for both your iPhone and iPad, which teaches you about different spices, herbs and seasonings via videos recipes and where to purchase.
And, if you live in or around Manhattan, be sure to check out Well & Good’s:
This is an adorable calendar of food headlines from the satricial publication, The Onion, which makes a cute lil’ stocking stuffer for the foodie in your life.