Well, you were probably expecting a holiday cookie recipe from me today, but I decided to save that … for a few more days…
I’m sure all of you will be busy baking holiday cookies this weekend…with your aprons on, your oven fired up, the good ol’ Kitchen Aid mixer churnin’ away and the sweet scents of nutmeg, all-spice and gingerbread lurking throughout your home…
So, instead of a holiday cookie, I decided to create a lil’ somethin’ that you can enjoy when you take a breather from the bakin’ this weekend…
So, go ahead. Sit back. Relax.
Bake some holiday cookies, dance in your kitchen to holiday jingles like nobody’s watchin’…toss on a Santa hat, deck the tree and hang that mistle toe.
Get into the season spirit. ‘Fa-la-la-la-la’ …
And then escape with this divine recipe.
I present to you, my delicate n’ delicious Green Tea Jam.
Perfect served with any dish from hot oatmeal or toast in the morning, to salads and sandwiches for lunch or served as a condiment and glaze with poultry or fish.
Whichever way you choose to enjoy it. Be sure to savor each bite.
“Green Tea in a Jam”, you say?
Yes, and I assure you … it’s much better than “Green Eggs n’ Ham”.
Sam I am. Hehehe…
Green Tea Jam
- 2 tsp. brewed green tea
- 16 oz. water
- 2 lbs. fresh nectarines, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 lbs. fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup Lundberg Farms Brown Rice Syrup
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger
- Steep tea in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and place into a heavy saucepan with all ingredients except ginger. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Add ginger. Cook for another 20 minutes. Remove from heat; set aside to cool. Mixture will thicken when cooled.
And, just in time for the holidays, My Shop is offering a free shipping upgrade. All eligible products are marked with the Blue Delivery Truck Icon noted below.
Here are a few ideas for Christmas Gifts that I thought you may enjoy for the ‘foodie’ on your list
These are some of my favorites!
Ever order received before December 21st is guaranteed for delivery before Christmas!
Happy Holiday Shopping!
And, one last lil’ tidbit…here are a few foodie-fun websites worth your visiting and perusing…
Foodies Like Us (For Denver and Arizona folks)
And, Last But Surely Not Least…
In The News This Week…