This is a wonderful salad to enjoy for tasty lunch, dinner or a mid-afternoon snack scooped into hollowed-bell peppers, zucchini boats and tomatoes.
- 1 pkg. firm tofu, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. curry powder
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 (6 oz.) container Greek plain yogurt
- 1/4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/2 cup red grapes, halved
- 2 tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. organic salsa
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Dash of Sea Salt and freshly ground white pepper, to taste
- Press firmly on tofu to remove all excess water. Place a heavy object such as a book or a brick atop a clean paper towel and the block of tofu. Allow to sit for 30 minutes. Remove tofu and slice into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Gently toss to combine.
- Serve chilled.
And Now…For my Spa Giveaway
The contest, “Social InSPAration,” is running from today, August 2nd thru August 6th. This is a fun and easy way for your chance to win a 90 minute spa treatment at The Spa at The Surrey, which is the only Upper East Side Manhattan location to receive the highly regarded Darphin scrub.
It just takes three easy steps to be entered to win:
1. Follow The Surrey on Twitter @SurreyHotelNYC
2. Become a fan of the Spa at The Surrey on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/pages/New-York-NY/Spa-At-The-Surrey/141275545883553?ref=ts)
3. And lastly, post on the Spa at The Surrey’s Facebook wall which treatment on their spa menu you want to experience most and why.