Today’s post is dedicated to my lovely and fabulous mother, Joann…she loves her rhubarb pies and I thought of her last week when I purchased a beautiful bunch of rhubarb and fresh blackberries at the market. My mother is incredible…not only is she my best friend, but she is incredibly talented both in the kitchen (I learned everything from her) and in her full time job as a teacher…so, I’d like to congratulate my mother on Teacher of The Year! Congrats Mom; you deserve this more than anyone and I am so proud of you. I love you so much and can’t wait to spend this weekend at the beach with you. Here is a photograph of my mother and I from last month.
How adorable is she? Hehehe…
Congrats Mommy; I hope you enjoy this delicious Rhubarb Bake with Fresh Blackberries.
- 1 1/2 cup fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1 lb. rhubarb, sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 2 Tbsp. ghee (clarified butter)
- 1/4 tsp. gluten-free vanilla extract
- Gluten-Free cookies, for serving
- Greek plain yogurt, for serving
- Fresh mint leaves, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a blender, combine stevia and hot water. Add rhubarb, ghee and vanilla; pulse until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a baking dish. Bake for45 minutes or until rhubarb is soft and sweet. Mix every 15 minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- Serve with gluten-free cookies, a dollop of Greek plain yogurt and fresh mint leaves.