Here is a fabulous recipe that I created last week. I recently received samples of Red Ape Cinnamon and Singing Dog Vanilla that are incredible…I simply couldn’t resist recipe testing with these tasty condiments and they sure did please my taste buds…what incredible flavor from both the vanilla and the cinnamon…I can’t wait to create more!
- 8 slices crusty, hearty gluten-free bread
- Olive oil
- 1 8-ounce piece Havarti cheese, cut into 8 slices
- 10 ripe fresh figs, stemmed, quartered lengthwise
- Agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon Singing Dog Vanilla
- ½ teaspoon Red Ape Cinnamon
- Sea salt and pepper
- Prepare grill on medium-high heat. Brush both sides of bread with oil.
- Place bread slices directly on grill. Grill bread until grill marks appear. Turn bread slices over and continue to grill.
- Place 1 cheese slice atop each bread slice; close barbecue and grill bread until cheese melts.
- Transfer bread to work surface; cut each slice into 4 pieces. Top each piece with fig slice.
- In a small bowl, combine agave and vanilla. Drizzle bread lightly with agave mixture and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon, sea salt and pepper. Transfer to platter and serve.