This weekend, as I wandered through the food store, I came across a beautiful array of sweet potatoes…How could I resist? I picked up a few large taters and headed home to make a new ‘chip’ creation. These chips are the perfect nibble for an afternoon snack dipped into guacamole, Don Sabrosa Salsa and Greek yogurt or crushed atop a green salad for lunch…either way, they’re quite delish and I’m sure your taste buds will thank you when you’re reaching for these chippers and not a bag of Lay’s…
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- Grapeseed oil, to coat
- 1 tsp. O California White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice (freshly squeezed)
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and scrub sweet potatoes. Pat dry.
- Slice sweet potatoes using a mandoline slicer or sharp knife into ‘chips.’
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl; gently toss to coat all sweet potato ‘chips’.
- Spread chips onto baking mats and bake one tray at a time for 25-30 minutes or until crispy.